A Disaster Recovery Center will be open this week to help those who live or have a business in Kosciusko County and experienced property damage or loss caused by storms and flooding on February 14 – March 4, 2018.
Those who want assistance to recover from a loss must register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for disaster assistance.
Even those who have talked to FEMA or any other agency before must register.
A Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) will open Monday June 11, 2018 through at least Friday June 15, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
The DRC will be located at the Mentone Community Emergency Services Building located at 201 W Main St, Mentone IN 46539. This DRC will cover Kosciusko and Fulton Counties.
The following information is needed when registering with FEMA at the DRC:
- Social Security number;
- Address of the location where the damage occurred;
- Current address and phone number;
- Insurance information;
- Total household annual income;
- Routing and account number for your checking or savings account (this allows
FEMA to directly transfer disaster assistance funds into your bank account);
- A description of disaster-caused damage and losses.
- Receipts for work already performed