Drum causes fire at LSC in Warsaw

Photo by Gary Nieter, Times-Union.

Fire crews responded at 3:45 a.m. Tuesday to LSC Communications, 2801 W. Old 30, Warsaw, after a plastic drum being cut by employees caught fire.

Warsaw-Wayne Fire Territory Chief Mike Wilson said the plastic drum caused significant smoke, so crews thought they had a bigger fire than they did on their hands. No one was injured, and the Titus fans were used to remove smoke from the building, Wilson said.

The Times-Union says Atwood and Leesburg fire departments assisted, and the fire was under control within a half hour.