Homeowner, Dogs Escape Mobile Home Fire

A mobile home fire occurred Saturday morning at 5846 S. Woodland Lane, Warsaw, at Sellers Lake. A neighbor dialed 911 at 9:25 a.m. Homeowners Ruth and James Elder and their two dogs were home at the time of the fire and escaped without injuries, according to Gordon Baker, Pierceton fire chief. The cause of the fire was a malfunctioning electrical wire shortage in the living room. Damage was estimated at $1,000 and it took firefighters under 25 minutes to get the fire under control. Pierceton and Sidney Fire Departments responded as well as Lutheran EMS and Red Cross.