This upcoming weekend is Free Fishing Weekend in Indiana.
On free fishing days, Indiana residents can fish on public waters without a fishing license or a salmon/trout stamp.
On Saturday, June 1, three Learn to Fish workshops will take place throughout the state from 9 a.m. to noon, including:
- Women’s Learn to Fish – Potato Creek State Park, North Liberty
- Learn to Fish with Lures – Fort Harrison State Park
- Learn to Fish for Catfish – Diamond Valley Park, Evansville
Other free kid-friendly and family-friendly fishing events will take place on Saturday at the following locations:
- Albion, Chain O’Lakes State Park, 260-636-2654
- Anderson, Mounds State Park, 765-642-6627
- Avon, Washington Township Park, 317-234-8441
- Bloomington, Monroe Lake (Paynetown SRA), 812-837-9967
- Clarksville, Falls of the Ohio State Park, 812-280-9970
- Corydon, O’Bannon Woods State Park, 812-738-8232
- Evansville, Diamond Valley Lake, 812-789-2724
- Morocco, Willow Slough, 219-285-2704
- New Castle, Summit Lake State Park, 765-766-5873
- North Liberty, Potato Creek State Park, 574-656-8186 x 250
- Peru, Mississinewa Lake, 260-468-2127
- Rockville, Cecil M. Harden Lake (Raccoon SRA), 765-280-4012
- Vallonia, Starve Hollow State Recreation Area, 812-358-3464
- West Terre Haute, Wabashiki Fish & Wildlife Area, 765-653-0453
- Winamac, Tippecanoe River State Park, 574-946-3213
Sunday, June 2 events will take place at:
- Albion, Chain O’ Lakes State Park, 260-636-2654
- Indianapolis, Fort Harrison State Park, 317-591-0904
- Morocco, Willow Slough Fish & Wildlife Area, 219-285-2704
For more information on Free Fishing Weekend, visit dnr.IN.gov/fishfree.
In Warsaw, kids ages 3 to 16 have a chance to show off their fishing skills on Saturday.
The Warsaw Parks & Recreation Department is kicking off the summer season with the free annual kids fishing derby and casting contest. The first 30 kids will receive goodie bags, and prizes will be given out for several categories for different age ranges.
Get the details, here.