A 22-year-old woman from Ligonier and a 24-year-old man from Huntington were arrested by Indiana State Police Troopers following a traffic stop on U.S. 30 in western Whitley County Saturday afternoon on meth-related charges.
During the traffic stop near C.R. 400 W, passenger Tyler Neal ran off. After a short foot chase, he was caught, subdued, and taken into custody.
Troopers searched the truck and found 28 grams of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.
Neal was booked into the Whitley County Jail for the following preliminary charges:
- Possession of Legend Drug, Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Methamphetamine, Level 6 Felony
- Resisting Law Enforcement, Class A Misdemeanor
- False Informing, Class C Misdemeanor
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Class C Misdemeanor
Neal is also being held on arrest warrants out of Huntington County for Arson and four (4) counts of Theft and Wabash County for Failure to Appear for Driving While Suspended and for Leaving the Scene of Criminal Recklessness.
The driver Laura Koze is also facing charges:
- Possession of Methamphetamine (with a prior conviction), Level 3 Felony
- Dealing Methamphetamine (with a prior conviction), Level 3 Felony
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (with a prior conviction), Class A Misdemeanor
She’s being held on a $300,000 cash bond.