The Alcoholic Beverage Board of Kosciusko County Thursday approved a permit for an Italian restaurant that will be opening in the next year in Warsaw.
The beer, wine and liquor permit was for Full Service Dining Inc., 2640 Escalade Way, Warsaw, doing business as Papa Vino’s Italian Kitchen.
Steven Hunter, senior vice president for Full Service Dining Inc., said the company’s intention is that by this time in 2023, Papa Vino’s will be opening. There are currently two Papa Vino’s locations – one in Mishawaka and on in St. Joe, Mich.
There were no remonstrators for the permit.
Excise officer April Tackett said a final inspection of the restaurant has not been done yet.
The Board continued the renewal of a beer and wine retailer permit until the August meeting for Port Winona LLC, 807 E. Canal St.,?Winona Lake, doing business as Port Winona LLC.
Tackett said it is the third time it has been continued. As of June 8, there is paperwork that shows there is a representative for the estate. One of the former owners was Jim Zachary, who died.
The Board approved a new beer and wine retailer permit for the new owners of Port Winona Lake LLC, 807 E. Canal St., Winona Lake, doing business as Port Winona, Alexis VanOsdol and Janet VanOsdol.
Tackett said the permit the VanOsdols were seeking was a separate permit than the first permit. Janet said the business would use the permit much like the previous owners’. There were no remonstrators.
The Board approved a beer, wine and liquor permit transfer to Harry’s Tap and Grill LLC, 132 S. Main St., Milford, doing business as Harry’s Tap and Grill. Lisa and Bobbi Beer represented Harry’s Tap and Grill. Bobbi said they purchased the former Miotto’s Main Street Pizza.
A renewal for a beer and wine permit for Elisabeth Thompson in Mentone was continued until the August meeting. No representatives appeared.
The Board also approved a new beer and wine dealer permit for Family Express Corporation, 1160 Executive Blvd., Warsaw, doing business as Family Express.
The Board approved the following renewals with no violations:
• King’s Keg Inc., 421 S. Main St., North Webster, doing business as King’s Keg, beer, wine and liquor, package store.
• Tippecanoe Lake Country Club, 7245 N. Kalorama Road, Leesburg, doing business as Tippecanoe Lake Country Club, beer, wine and liquor, restaurant.
• Shaffner & Shaffner Enterprises Inc, 2517 E. Center St., Warsaw, doing business as Recovery Lounge, beer, wine and liquor, restaurant.
• James & Wendy’s Inc., 104 E. Pickwick Road, Syracuse, doing business as Hammer’s Pub & Grub, beer, wine and liquor, restaurant.
• Garcha G. Mart Inc, 400 S. Buffalo St., Warsaw, beer and wine dealer, grocery store.
• Los Toritos Mexican Restaurant Inc, 717 S. Huntington St., Syracuse, doing business as Los Toritos, beer, wine and liquor, river and lake.
• Family Express Corporation, 750 S. Ind. 13, North Webster, doing business as Family Express, beer and wine dealer, grocery store.
• HSB Grill LLC, 704 N. Huntington St., Syracuse, doing business as Huntington Street Bar & Grill, beer, wine and liquor, restaurant.