Larwill Man Called a Hero Following NYE Fire

At least one person was injured in this fire at Larwill early Tuesday. Photo by Gary Nieter

He’s a hero to his family. A father is recovering in the hospital after waking up his family on New Year’s Eve to a fire in their home in Larwill on Tuesday, said WANE-TV.

Darla Minnix says her husband Kevin woke her and their daughters up, and they were able to get out of the house thanks to neighbors who also helped. Kevin went back through the house to make sure everyone got out, and was taken to the hospital with smoke inhalation. He’s in Indy recovering.

The Minnix’s lost their home so family has started a Facebook fundraiser for them. You can find that fundraiser here.