The Better Business Bureau of Northern Indiana has announced the businesses, individuals and nonprofits receiving the organization’s 2019 Torch Awards, and a late WOWO broadcaster is on the list.
Longtime Fort Wayne radio icon Charly Butcher, who passed away last August, will be honored as the 2019 “Individual of Integrity” at the 14th Annual Torch Awards for Marketplace Ethics Recognition Luncheon, which will take place on April 24, 11:30AM to 1:30PM, at the Parkview Mirro Center in Fort Wayne.
“Charly’s commitment to this community and to giving marketplace ethics a voice in the morning has endeared many of us throughout the years,” said Marjorie Stephens, President and CEO of BBB of Northern Indiana. “The BBB is an expert in recognizing and promoting trustworthy businesses and we believe it is essential to celebrate individuals who are role models of ethical practices. Charly always inspired his listeners to do better, which is why we are honoring him as our 2019 Individual of Integrity,” adds Stephens.
- CertaPro Painters of Fort Wayne (Fort Wayne)
- Corn Coast Comics (Huntington)
- Physicians Health Plan of Northern Indiana, Inc. (PHP) (Fort Wayne)
- Team Quality Services, Inc. (Auburn)
- Charly Butcher, WOWO Radio (Fort Wayne)
- A Hope Center (Fort Wayne), Accredited Charity of Integrity
- Cody Shipp and Tony Kramer, S&K MetalFab (Monroeville), Entrepreneurs of Integrity
- Fort Wayne Citilink (Fort Wayne), Pillar of the Community