Syracuse Raising Awareness After Carbon Monoxide Death

Syracuse is raising awareness about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning, in the wake of the death of 12-year-old Skyler Spore.  Free carbon monoxide detectors are being handed out at Turkey Creek Territory Fire Station 1 or Station 2 while supplies last.  On June 28, Spore was found dead inside his home on Washington Street. According to the Syracuse Police Department, at the time of his death, there were two gas powered generators running inside the house.  The cause of death is pending toxicology tests but appears to be consistent with carbon monoxide poisoning.