Thursday’s House Fire Caused By Heater

The Warsaw Fire Department, with assistance from the Winona Lake Fire Department, responded to a house fire at 1307 Greenhill Drive, Warsaw, Thursday at 1:27 p.m. Warsaw Fire Chief Mike Brubaker said the fire was very small and accidental in origin. He said the property owners are renovating the house and while they were sealing cracks near the heater, a fire ignited from the fumes. Brubaker said there was $500 in damages and because property owner Kathy Meeker was home and able to call 911 immediately when the fire happened, the damage was minimal but “could have been atrocious.” He said there were no injuries.

(Story By The Times Union)