Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation will be using some new apps in the upcoming school year.
The Middle School & High School athletic departments have partnered with Final Forms to provide an easy way to sign athletic participation forms and save data from season to season.
Another app called EVENTLINK will allow parents to see their student’s practice schedules and athletic events for grades 6 through 12.
Parent and student collaboration will also be encouraged through the use of Skyward, an app that will streamline the district’s educational and management processes. It provides access to upcoming assignments on devices from home.
Tippecanoe Valley says parents can expect the following features:
- The ability for parents to use the Family Access app to see all information pertaining to any child in their household on one screen.
- Parents will be able to review grades, view messages and notifications, keep tabs on attendance, monitor behavior, see upcoming events with the built-in calendar and manage fees and payments for athletics, classroom and textbook, and food service.
- Now, as soon as a teacher makes a change, that change will be available instantaneously.
- Parents can also set thresholds that will trigger alerts that will notify them of changes in their student’s profile.
- The portal’s social media-style message wall makes it easier for parents to communicate with teachers and support staff, while providing a single destination for important school/district announcements.
- One of the biggest improvements for the 2019-2020 school year will be the streamlined enrollment process for the parents.
The target date for returning TVSC students to begin enrollment on the Skyward site is the week of July 29th. During the week of July 15th, parents should be looking for an enrollment letter to arrive in their mailboxes that will contain all the information necessary to complete the enrollment process.