Welcome to the Best. Week. Ever.
It’s a week-long collection of experiences that celebrate South Bend’s culture, progress and creativity, taking place from Monday, May 29 through Sunday, June 4.
With 100+ events that range from action and adventure to music and food, there is sure to be something for everyone during this week-long event. A few of this week’s highlights are noted below:
- Monday: Westside Memorial Day Parade, SB Cubs Game, Seitz Summer Starter
- Tuesday: The Well Comic Con, Belly Burst
- Wednesday: Senior Picnic, Westside Wednesday, Purple Porch Co-op Best Market Ever
- Thursday: Talent Display at Jon Hunt Plaza, Studebaker Ride at Studebaker Museum, Seitz & Sounds
- Friday: Fridays by the Fountain, First Friday: Kids Night Out, Best Fireworks Ever
- Saturday: Sunburst, East Race Rafting/Arts on the Race, Everclear concert*
- Sunday: East Race Rafting, Rum Village Campfire Movie and Hike
Those looking for more information can check the website.
On Friday, June 2, the Jefferson bridge will be closed from 1 p.m. through 11 p.m. for fireworks, Colfax bridge will close from 8 p.m. through 10 p.m. and St. Louis Boulevard from Jefferson Road to Notre Dame Avenue will close at 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
On Saturday, June 3, starting at 6 a.m. the following streets will be closed for the Sunburst race until the races end: Colfax bridge, Wayne, Northshore, Pleasant, 20th, Northside, 36th, Longfellow, Sunnymede, Rockne, St. Louis, Madison, Pokagon, and Ostemo Place.