WINONA LAKE – A 15-minute Winona Lake Town Council meeting Tuesday night highlighted upcoming events and served as a public hearing for the 2020 budget.
The 2020 budget is $5,029,852, a 4.6% decrease from the 2019 budget.
The official adoption of the budget will be at the next town council meeting at 6 p.m. Oct. 15 in the town hall.
Also Tuesday, the council heard that Winona Lake Police Chief Joe Hawn applied for a K21 Foundation grant. The grant awarded Winona police with a Trek electric assist bicycle to better police the trails.
Upcoming “Winona happenings” are scheduled as follows:
• 9 a.m. Sept. 21 – Habitat for Humanity 5K at the park.
• 10 a.m. Sept. 28 – Beaman Home Angel Run 5K at the park.
• 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 28 – Oktoberfest in the Village at Winona.
• 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Oct. 5 – Fire Department pancake breakfast.
• 11 a.m. Oct. 5 – Grace Homecoming parade starts at the park, traveling down Park Avenue, around the island, then dispersing at Town Hall.
• 8 p.m. Oct. 12 – Nocturnal race at Grace College.
• 9 a.m. Oct. 13 – Fall 15K and 5K at Green Earth Multisport.