What are the biggest needs of your family? Of your neighborhood? Of your town?
Over the summer, Kosciusko County Community Foundation will host 11 hometown chats in communities across the county so that it can hear from everyday citizens about the needs you see in your community. Those chats will help inform the Community Foundation’s grantmaking and the initiatives it pursues in the future.
The Foundation was awarded a planning grant from Lilly Endowment Inc. as part of the Endowment’s Giving Indiana Funds for Tomorrow (GIFT) VII initiative. The planning grant enables the Foundation to deepen its understanding of issues related to housing, childcare, workforce development and more.
Hometown Chats are scheduled as follows:
• Locations, dates and times for Claypool, Etna Green and Leesburg to be determined.
• Mentone, town hall 201 W. Main St., Aug. 14, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Milford, community building 111 S. Main St., Aug. 8, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• North Webster, community center 301 N. Main St., July 23, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Pierceton, community building 105 W. Walnut St., July 17, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Silver Lake, Lions Club building 108 N. Harrison St., July 30, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Syracuse, community center 1013 N. Long Drive, July 18, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Warsaw, Kosciusko County Community Foundation 102 E. Market St., Thursday, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Winona Lake, senior center 1590 Park Ave., July 24, noon to 1:30 p.m. with lunch served.
Refreshments will be provided. A children’s activity will be provided onsite so young families can attend.
Registration is not required but is encouraged so the Foundation can plan accordingly.
Register online at kcfoundation.org/event/hometown-chat-warsaw/?rsvp_sent=1.