By Dan Spalding
News Now Warsaw
PIERCETON — A farmhouse northwest of Pierceton was gutted by fire early Tuesday morning.
Pierceton Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire at 5119 East CR 100S at about 12:19 a.m. and arrived to see fire shooting through the roof, according to a news release from the fire department.
The owner came home and found the house on fire and called dispatchers, according to fire department Lt. Nathan Rhoades.
The owner is Aaron J. Munson.
Fire crews returned hours later after the fire rekindled, Rhoades said.
Pierceton was assisted by Tippecanoe Township Fire Territory, Warsaw-Wayne Fire Territory as well as departments from Winona Lake and Sidney.
The fire remains under investigation but Rhoades said they had no reason to think it was related to fireworks.
No injuries were reported.
A damage estimate was immediately available.
The Red Cross was called to assist the homeowner.