Tippecanoe Valley High School would like to communicate a fully developed, and detailed, plan that is necessary in order for TVHS to have a safe graduation ceremony. This plan has been made in coordination with the local health department and local officials. Please read the details of this plan carefully and adhere to all requirements, while also considering following recommendations made.
– TVHS graduation date is Sunday, July 19, 2020.
– Baccalaureate ceremony will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m., with the graduation ceremony beginning at approximately 7:30 p.m.
– Location: Smith-Bibler Memorial Football Field
– An alternate date is set for Sunday, July 29th at 7:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
– The graduation ceremony will be recorded live on RTCtv4.
– Wearing of masks, or any other type of PPE, is recommended and social distancing is required.
– Any person with any flu-like symptoms prior to event, should not attend.
– Any person whom fits the descriptions of the “most vulnerable population” or a “compromised individual” is recommended to participate virtually.
– Each TVHS student is eligible to receive 4 tickets to the graduation ceremony. Please take only as many tickets as needed, up to four.
– These tickets must be picked up at the TVHS main office starting Wednesday July 8th until Friday July 17th from 8:00 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
– Thursday July 16th, the office will be open from 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m. for pick-up.
– No person shall attend the ceremony without a ticket.
– All ticketholders in a party must enter together.
– Gates will open at 6:15 p.m. for entrance, ushers will seat attendees.
Directions for Class of 2020
– Senior class of 2020 should arrive on graduation day promptly at 6:15 p.m. for a quick rehearsal/ run-down. Please enter the main gate, find your assigned chair, then meet your senior class sponsors on the east side of the track.
– Senior class of 2020, should bring a mask to be worn at times where social distancing measures are not in place (i.e. before ceremony). Masks are not required during the graduation ceremony, but are encouraged.
– Any person who has not picked up their graduation gown, must do so during ticket pick-up, July 8th through July 17th. Payment may be required at time of pick-up.
Conclusion of Ceremony
– Please help by safely exiting the premises of Smith-Bibler Memorial Football Field at the conclusion of the ceremony.
2020 Prom Cancelled
– Unfortunately, the final determination to cancel the 2020 Tippecanoe Valley High School prom has been made. We feel for all students who will lose out on an opportunity to go to a school-sponsored prom. A Kosciusko community-wide prom is being held at East Lake Skate Center on July 12th from 6-11 p.m. For more information, or online tickets please visit https://warsawoptimist.org.
Thank you for the continued community support, and flexibility, as we continue to navigate unchartered waters and work to make decisions to continue our programs, yet keep our students, staff, families, and community members safe.