Warsaw Family Loses Dog in Home Fire

A Warsaw family that was displaced due to their Lincoln Street home catching fire also lost a 2-year-old dog in the fire Wednesday evening.
Warsaw Fire Department responded to 608 N. Lincoln St. at 5:15 p.m. Wednesday after the homeowner, Timothy R. Shinkle II, came home to find  smoke emerging from the upper level of his house. No one was home at the time except for the family’s two dogs.
Lutheran EMS attempted to save one of the dogs, but could not, according to Warsaw Fire Chief Michael Wilson.
WFD estimated damage to the home was up to $60,000. Shinkle owned the home for over two years.
WFD was assisted by Winona Lake Fire Department, Lutheran EMS and American Red Cross.
A couple hours later, WFD was tasked with fighting another fire, this time to Valley Forge Apartments on Frontage Road.
A faulty dryer caught fire in the complex’s laundry room, which is connected to the main office, according to Wilson. No one was injured in the incident.
Damages were estimated up to $60,000.
WFD was again assisted by WLFD and Lutheran EMS.

(Story By The Times Union)