Winona Council Approves Agreement For Roundabout

WINONA LAKE – Winona Lake Town Council approved an agreement Friday regarding who pays for maintenance and traffic control issues during one of the town’s roundabout projects.

The Council approved a railroad construction and maintenance agreement with Chicago, Fort Wayne & Eastern Railroad for the roundabout that will be located at the intersection of Winona Avenue, Argonne Road, Kings Highway and Park Avenue.

With the agreement, Indiana Department of Transportation will pay 80% of the costs for maintenance, flagging and other traffic control while INDOT does the roundabout. The town will pay the remaining 20% of the cost. The cost for the maintenance, flagging and other traffic control is $47,802 and is not the entire cost of the roundabout project, Town Manager Craig Allebach said.

During Friday’s meeting, the Council also approved for the Council’s president to be able to sign INDOT agreements on behalf of the town.