One Hurt In Fire At Larwill

At least one person was injured in this fire at Larwill early Tuesday. Photo by Gary Nieter

LARWILL – The home at 205 E. North St. in Larwill is a total loss after an overnight blaze Tuesday, sending one man to the hospital.

Larwill Fire Department responded at 3:29 a.m. Tuesday to the fully-engulfed home. Four occupants of the home were outside when firefighters arrived, Larwill FD Chief Joe Hill said. Hill said he does not know the names of the family who lived there, but said the man who appeared to be the father was taken by ambulance to a Parkview hospital in the area.

A woman and two children did not appear to be injured, Hill said.

A post on social media said the man was injured while trying to get his family out of the home and is now in the burn unit at an Indianapolis hospital, but the Times-Union was not able to verify that report.

The home is owned by Patricia Minnix, according to Whitley County records.

Larwill FD was assisted by Pierceton and Cleveland Township Fire Departments.

Hill said the fire is under investigation.

A fundraiser has been posted to Facebook to help the family, you can find that by clicking here.