Shed containing fireworks catches fire

Part of a frame of a shed remains intact after the shed burst into flames Saturday morning. News Now Warsaw photo by Dan Spalding.
By Dan Spalding
News Now Warsaw

PIERCETON — A residential shed containing fireworks caught fire Saturday morning near Pierceton.

The shed at 5236 E. Van Ness Road, across the street from The Church of Jesus Christ, caught fire around 10:30 a.m.

No injuries were reported.

The owner, Don Beck, said he had stored fireworks in the shed for years but was unsure what started the fire.

One emergency responder said fireworks were exploding as they arrived.

The shed was a total loss.

Otherwise, Beck said he thought the fire did not spread to other areas of his property.

Responding to the fire were fire crews from Winona Lake and Pierceton as well as Lutheran EMS.