Voting starts Friday for the eight restaurants that have been picked to compete in Pizza Wars.
Vote in the bracket-style contest to decide the best pizza in the county at livewellinthemoment.com/pizzawars The contest is sponsored by the Kosciusko County Convention and Visitors Bureau.
The eight pizzas and restaurants that will be representing the best of the county are:
• Angelo's Chicago Style Pizza & Beef, Warsaw, featuring its Chicago-style deep dish “any way you want it.”
• The Cafe at The Bowling Alley, Warsaw, featuring Bib's Smoked BBQ Chicken Pizza.
• Danny's Sports Bar and Pizzeria (Barbee Hotel Restaurant), Warsaw, featuring the Chicago-style crust “People's Choice.”
• Down Under Family Dining, Syracuse, featuring its 16″ Deluxe.
• Fire N The Hole, mobile restaurant, featuring the “Just What the Doctor Ordered” pizza.
• Frog Tavern, Syracuse, featuring “The Wawasee.”
• Light Rail Village Cafe, Winona Lake, featuring the “Carne.”
• Red's Sweets, Claypool, with its Puller Porker.
The first round lasts 10 days. Following the end of the first round, the next two rounds will take place over two subsequent weekends – the second round will be May 28 to 31 and the final round will take place June 4 to 7.
The winner of the best pizza in Kosciusko County will be announced June 7. The winner will then go head to head against the winning restaurants from the other six counties that make up the Northern Indiana Tourism Development Commission.
Residents can log in to vote each week to make sure their favorite restaurant gets the credit they think it deserves. Voters can keep checking the website and Kosciusko County’s social media pages and use the hashtag #PizzaWarsIN to follow their favorite pizza. Voters also can sign in and vote each round for a chance to win the grand prize of a $50 gift certificate to the restaurant that ultimately wins the competition.
Kosciusko County Pizza Wars is running simultaneously with six other county Pizza Wars as part of Northern Indiana Pizza Wars. The contest is a joint initiative of the Northern Indiana Tourism Development Commission and its member convention and visitors bureaus in Porter, LaPorte, St. Joseph, Marshall, Kosciusko, Elkhart and LaGrange counties.
The Northern Indiana Pizza Wars is a follow-up from last year’s Burger Wars contest. After 60,000 votes cast, The View Tavern of South Bend was crowned the Burger Wars Champion for all of Northern Indiana.
(Story By The Times Union)