Dr. Steve Troyer, superintendent of Wawasee Community School Corporation, is asking the community for input during the second phase of his entry plan.
The detailed plan can be found on the corporation website at www.wawasee.k12.in.us and is called the Listen and Learn Phase.
This phase focuses on gaining perspective from students to community stakeholders.
Communication is a key theme throughout the entry plan beginning with the Listen and Learn phase. The series of community town hall meetings is foundational in developing a strong relationship of two-way communication between the superintendent, the school and its stakeholders, according to a news release from Wawasee.
The dates are as follows:
• Feb. 1, Wawasee High School auditorium, 6:30 to 8 p.m.
• Feb. 8, Milford School, 6:30 to 8 p.m.
• Feb. 20, Wawasee Middle School cafetorium, 9:30 to 11 a.m.
• Feb. 22, North Webster Elementary, 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Each meeting will have the same format: An introduction of Troyer, an overview of the entry plan and an opportunity to gain insight and understanding of the corporation from the perspective of its people through the following questions:
• What should I know about the Wawasee community?
• What should I know about your school/situation?
• What is working well and should be sustained?
• What needs attention and could be reevaluated?
After this phase is complete, all information will be analysed with the findings reported and explained during a state of the corporation address. Those findings will then be the driving force behind the development of the corporation’s new strategic plan, according to the news release.
If for any reason you cannot make one of the meetings but would like to give your feedback, Troyer is asking you to visit the website at www.wawasee.k12.in.us and fill out the Listen and Learn Survey.
If you have any questions about the community meetings, contact the Wawasee Central Office at 574-457-3188.